
I'm freeeeeeeee! After wearing some sort of corrective lenses for the past 23 years I now have 20/20 vision and its supposed to get even better. Those of you who have lived with me can attest to the comedy that ensues as I try to find anything, including my glasses, after I take out my contacts. A certain incident with a lamp and a chair comes to mind that Courtney, Crystal, Kimi and Jaimie will remember! With severe myopia (near sightedness) Lasik was not an option and instead I had a realitively new procedure called ICL surgery which implanted permanent contacts behind the irises of my eyes that are supposed to outlive me. (comforting thought) The process has been a little more involved than I had originally anticipated and I am currently struggling with dry eyes until they adjust, but I am looking forward to the next few months as they fully heal. I can't even describe my excitement as I threw away my last contact today before surgery. What a blessing to live in a time of such medical advancements.
3 comments:
Congrats!! I know when Darin had lasik he said it was the best thing ever!! (I know thats not what you had done) I don't know why he still holds onto his old glasses though. Im so excited for you!!
Congratulations!! Jared and I are completely envious:)!!
That chair incident is seriously one of my funniest memories! Congrats on the new vision!
Post a Comment