Well, after almost 18 months of slamming the door to fit all three carseats in the back of my Accord and with relentless prompting from many "van-lovers", I did it!! We now all have a spot and to spare. I must admit, I love having the extra space, but am a bit uneasy about how far away my children are from me. Those of you that know me well, know I don't rock my babies to sleep or encourage them to become overly attached to me, but nonetheless I am a little lonely in the front of my bus. I feel like part of my identity is lost. I used to pull up next to people at a light and they would point and wave at my troop in the backseat, now I am a true soccer mom who has room to carpool. Although it has been a bittersweet transition for me, the boys are in heaven and Jeffey said "Mom it is so big, it could be our home"! All in all, between the rear air and power sliding doors, I'm sure I will be in love in no time!!!
Saturday, April 19, 2008
And Then There Was Room!
Well, after almost 18 months of slamming the door to fit all three carseats in the back of my Accord and with relentless prompting from many "van-lovers", I did it!! We now all have a spot and to spare. I must admit, I love having the extra space, but am a bit uneasy about how far away my children are from me. Those of you that know me well, know I don't rock my babies to sleep or encourage them to become overly attached to me, but nonetheless I am a little lonely in the front of my bus. I feel like part of my identity is lost. I used to pull up next to people at a light and they would point and wave at my troop in the backseat, now I am a true soccer mom who has room to carpool. Although it has been a bittersweet transition for me, the boys are in heaven and Jeffey said "Mom it is so big, it could be our home"! All in all, between the rear air and power sliding doors, I'm sure I will be in love in no time!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am excited that you got a van with more room too. Although you only have room for 2 more:) I am sure your boys will love all the space and I am happy for you.
Yippy!! I love it! Garrett will love it when we come visit. Girls, you are set to take many weekend trips in that van. Nice! Great pick!
Post a Comment