
I took some inspiration from other moms and decided to make spring break a fun traditon for me and the boys. Yesterday was for me. Two of my friends and myself hired a babysitter (the young women don't have school either!) for all of our children and went and got pedicures and then to lunch. It was such needed "girl time" and so nice to do it during the day when I wasn't dead tired from my daily routine. Thanks Emily and Amber!
Then today I took Ben, Jeff and Ben's little friend Caitlyn to the movies. We saw the new Dr. Seuss movie and they kids loved it. I don't usually enjoy the kid flics, but this one had such a great story and actually held my attention! Highly recommend.
Tomorrow we are planning on swimming and then Ben has requested to play trains at Toys R Us (we miss you Jackson) and they both want to go to the mall. We will hopefully fit the park in there somewhere. I forget how fun it can be to plan your day around making it fun for your children as opposed to trying to fit them into your scheduele. My house will no doubtedly take a toll, but I figure there will be plenty of time to clean when they don't think it is cool to go to the movies with their mom anymore!
1 comment:
We miss you too Ben!! Playing Trains at Toys R Us we also duly miss:) And we second your recommendation for the movie...Jackson, Mikaela, and Jared LOVED IT!! They can't stop talking about it. So we're headed out to buy the book sooner than we thought. And as for me...the pedicure sounded great!! Lucky you!! Being cooped up in the house with Alexis because of RSV season is taking its toll. So for now I'll just live vicariously through your fun experiences:)
Post a Comment