Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Brief Brag Moment



The last few weeks of my life have been pretty much consumed with planning a wedding for one of my past young women. I wouldn't exactly call me J Lo but it sure was fun to do some girly things and get to develop some talents in the process. Making the veil, doing the cake and the flowers were my favorite parts. This floral centerpiece was my fav and with a lot of help from my very talented sister-in-law it turned out gorgeous. These pics aren't the greatest, but when the photographer is done I will post more. Thanks to Kimi for teaching me all that I know about being crafty, my mom for teaching me all I know about being organized and to my sweet husband, aunt colletty, auntie nea, tiff, papa and amber for watching my babes while I got to create. Also a big thank you to Leslie, and all the girls who helped it all come together in the end. It truely was so much fun!!!! Now to clean up my negleted house and get some much needed R & R.

Anyone need a wedding planner...call me in a year:)

8 comments:

Jake Walker said...

Everything looks beautiful. I am sure the rest of it was even prettier. You amaze me with your talents!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful cake and you have some amazing talent. How sweet that you were able to do the wedding for one of your previous young women. By the way I LOVE her colors too.

O'Loughlin Family said...

It was really beautiful. Job well done!

Tamee said...

Love the cake. We're glad your done too. Now, post pictures of those cute boys so we can see them..

The Taits said...

You are SO crafty!! Wow...great job.

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Wow...that's the word that comes to mind looking at those pictures. I knew you were talented but this takes the cake!! And yes, now you do deserve some R&R...but rest assured I'll be calling you in about 20+ years to be doing Mikaela and Alexis' weddings!!

P.S.-This is to Ben from Jackson: Hi Ben. I hope you can come to my house and play trains and play transformers too.

Leah and Mike said...

I love the cake, those colors are gorgeous. I didn't know you were up to that, how fun. You did awesome.

The Welker Family said...

Wow! I need to get some pointers from you. I am throwing a bridal shower for my sister on Saturday and she is getting married next month. I need to start practicing the cake thing soon. We have a form for the display cake. Is that what you used or is that real cake?
I'm going to practice on a cake for the bridal shower using fondant. Is that what you used? Any tips would be welcomed! Everything looks AMAZING!