
Anyone who knows me well, knows that I long for a pink little bundle of joy to come home with me from the hospital one day. Then, there are days like today that make me wonder how I was so lucky to get three little boys to make me smile.
Picture the scene:
It was about 9am in our home this morning and I was just rolling out of bed. I stayed up with Lukey all night and Bri let me sleep in. I began to get my day started making breakfast and getting little men dressed when I saw a tiny Jeffey gingerly walking across the gravel in his bare feet, wearing nothing but his striped undies and carrying a daisy in his little fist with a huge grin on his face. He looked at me and said, "Mommy I picked this for you!" I gave him a hug and soon it began a stream of boys bringing me flowers (which I would have pulled as weeds!). Soon I had a cup full of daisy heads (they don't quite grasp the concept of picking the stem yet) to sit on my counter. Brian sure has taught them well. What a wonderful way to start the day!
3 comments:
Thanks for this blog and you're earlier one about making spring break a fun experience. I loved what you said about planning your day around your kids, instead of fitting them into your schedule. I really needed that. With Mike gone, I let myself get into a rut, a real pity party having to "do it all". Today I finally snapped out of it and decided I didn't have to "do it all" I just had to do what made us all happy. And that was playing red light green for an hour and playing in the mud. I can't get Hendrix off red light green light since Ben's party. He loves it. You're such a great role model for moms. Love ya,
Leah
Ahh! Nothing like the smell of fresh flowers (weeds) in the moring. Wetaught Garrett and his buddy Geona to pull the weeds from the base which is great because it cuts down our our weeding. However, as you walk around the yard there are now large divets were weeds and grass usta be. O-well, I guess you take the bad with the good.
I can just see that cute little grin on Jeff's face walking in. Love that kid.
Ahhh, I love it Lanae. That warms my heart. My boys do the exact same thing. It is amazing the love boys have for their mommas. And they will always be loyal to you. That is a gift unlike any other. A kid (annoying bully who has been picking on bryce)at school was telling Bryce awful degrading things about "yo momma" to Bryce and he got so upset he pushed the kid down. Needless to say the kid doesn't talk to Bryce anymore but Bryce came home crying cause he was so angry about the things this kid was saying about me.
Also, when Kaden brings me flowers, he blows on them and says, "momma, I blew out all the bees for you."
I love it. I love the relationship I have with these boys.
Post a Comment