Mom came, set up and quietly watched as we attempted to can un-ripe peaches. She was so patient with us as we finally put the fruit aside and wizzed through the boxes of tomatoes. I loved this fun day we had together.
Aubrey was the adopted sister that night and came armed with a great pressure cooker that speed up the job.
Denia enjoying the "wonderfully easy to can" tomatoes, start with this one ladies!!
The first batch, that was quickly joined by a grand total of 108 pints of peaches and tomatoes and 60 quarts of pears. The satisfying pop they make when they seal is the equilivilant of having all your children to bed, asleep before eight! Now to find a space for my three month supply of fruit.(The boys will have fond memories of making race cars with the empty pear boxes, pics to follow)
5 comments:
Wish I could've been an adopted sister that night. I am just learning all of that cool canning stuff. I love it! Good job!
We did peaches this time...wish I would have done pears too. Thank goodness for moms!
Next time lets do root beer. We need something interesting in case of emergency!
Ahhh! I wish I could have been there. I love a good peach. Looks as though good times were had by all.
Impressive! Oh how good you will feel the many times you open your pantry and see your hard work! Not only feel good, but you will enjoy how yummy it all is too!
Post a Comment