Tuesday, September 30, 2008

All Safely Gathered In

I'm officially done canning for a while. These babies put me over the top on Monday and Aubrey and I decided to take a little break. (Until there is some other wonderful sale on produce) A little known fact: You can preserve pears with the skin on, quite tastey and WAY easier!
The boys loved painting the empty pear boxes and making them into race cars.
The first place Lukey tried to wash his hands after the painting was done. (This one is for you Tiff)
Lukey loved being one of the big boys and getting to paint for the first time. I loved watching him enjoy and then had the pleasure of cleaning up little blue handprints off of all surfaces from the table to the tub.

1 comment:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Props on the canning!! Your stuff looks great! I died mid-September trying to can everything that I could. After 22 jars of peach jam and tomatoes I had had my fill!