Tuesday, September 30, 2008

While Daddy Is Away...

I once read that Sister Hinckley always tried to make it fun for her kids even when Pres. Hinckley was away at church meetings or work so that they never resented either one. As much as it really it tough when Brian is gone for school or out of town for work, I have tried to adopt the same philosphy. So here is a little record of some of the things that kept us busy this month.
Getting ice cream with cousins on the last day of school before fall break. I think that I am most excited about two weeks of not commuting to and from school.

We hang out a lot in the van right now, and sing a lot of silly songs to pass the time. Check out "Snack Time" by the Bare Naked Ladies if you want a hilarious kid CD that make you laugh also. (Thanks O'Loughlins!)
Ben never wastes a moment and is always observing something. He told me this cloud looked like a whale at a stop light. Luckily the camera was right beside me to capture the moment. Ben also told me this day that: "Yesterday was our lucky day mom, we had no red lights from the freeway to my school." How he recognizes and remembers this stuff, I have no clue!
Eating dinner at Souper Salad, a new favorite and a great deal, all my kids eat for FREE! (Although using the word "eat" is always a stretch for my kids.)
The boys loved playing in my closet and Lukey is getting quite skilled at walking in heels. Definately a "Daddy is away" activity.
Making Daddy posters for when he comes home.
Sleeping over at Grandma and Papa's house. Lukey in the middle again.
Jeffey being a tiger at the preschool party at Peter Piper.

Ben playing his all time favorite Star Wars game with his buddies from school.

3 comments:

the Painters said...

Your boys are just ADORABLE!

Tiffany Walker said...

Good times. I love all the smiles and how happy they are. We too enjoy the Barenaked Ladies CD, but our favorite one is "Popcorn". It has to be played at least 5 times. I still can't believe you let your kids paint while talking to me on the phone. You are a good mom. Thanks for the picture!

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Love the pic of him in the heels!!