We are pleased to announce:
Henry
I couldn't be more in love with my new little boy. After starving all day we went to the hospital for the schedueled C-section. I was already in full blown labor when we got to the hospital, however the baby wasn't tolerating the contractions very well and we easily made the decision to go ahead with the C-Section instead of waiting for labor to progress. (I don't think it was ever even an option in my doctor's opinion) I was nervous to have a spinal, but it went really well and we had the best team of doctors in the OR and they put me right at ease. Within a few minutes met our new little boy. I was immediately taken with how big his feet and hands are. He suprised us with his mullet of dark hair. I thought when they washed it it would turn red, but so far he is officially not a redhead. We are the best nursing team out of the four and he is gaining weight without any suplementing!!! This makes me sooo happy. This fact alone has made the recovery a lot easier. We spent four days bonding in the hospital while Jeff recovered from the dreaded swine flu and what Henry will have to endure in hand-me-downs he will benefit from having a much more relaxed, confident mommy. I am enjoying every minute this time and the boys are so excited about their new brother. I missed them so much while I was at the hospital and it is good to be home.
In true Brian and Lanae style it took us a while to settle on a name, but I am also in love with our final decision. Brian's mom's grandfather's name was Henry. He was one of the first homesteaders that immigrated to Canada. He was a good man and I like the Canadian connection. The poor little guy will be forever spelling his middle name for everyone, but if I survived, so will he. It is neat to see my name again. I can't wat to see his little personality. I feel so blessed to have another healthy little man come to our home.

5 comments:
Henry is a great name! You are much calmer then I would be bringing a newborn home to the swine flu. But as you said having experienced Jeff's first year, swine flu is like a runny nose to you all. We're praying for Jeff, poor fellow!
Good luck this week. I hope you have a lot of help.
Congrats once again...like the insight to the name as well. Very nicely done you guys.
yeah for little boys! Congrats! That would be so cute if his hair stayed dark.. we have all blonde's except for little maddy, full head of DARK hair! Love it!
Love the name. So happy for you guys. l
Henry is a wonderful name and it suits him perfectly. Nicely done, Lanae and Brian - he's a miraculous work of art.
Post a Comment