Sunday, October 18, 2009

Big Brothers

I had no idea how the boys would react to having another brother. They sure seemed excited to meet him. Jeff has a confirmed case of the H1N1 or swine flu so we are doing our best to keep contact to a minimum. It will be a while before I post pictures of the boys holding their little brother, but in the meantime here are some brother-bonding moments: The night before I went to the hospital Jeff kept asking to go to bed so it could be the "baby day". When we got ready to go to bed we found him on the rug in the hall. He is sooo happy the baby looks like him and loves to tell everyone.
Because of the "swine flu" the boys couldn't come to the hospital, they were so sad, but were ready to do anything we asked to see the baby when we got home. Even if it meant wearing masks until all the flu symptoms in our house are gone. They are so good about getting the hand sanitizer and masks when Henry wakes up.
They are such big helpers. As soon as I sit down to nurse I have three cups of water beside me. Ben picks out a new outfit for Henry everytime we change his diaper. Jeffey gets him toys when he cries and Lukey takes the diapers to the trash. Let's see how long the novelty lasts, but I'll take it!
Here is the green crib Ben drew for Lukey. I was worried he would be jealous, but he is just happy he isn't the baby anymore and loves to touch Henry's feet and watch me feed him my "tunnels".

Jeffey drew Henry in his crib. He is my "smotherer". He is constantly around the baby and loves to talk to him. He asked me today why Henry was "eating my elbows". We will go over anatomy in a few years, but for now tunnels and elbows work just great!!
Benjamin drew the toy he got for Henry. He also got a new Wii game while mom was in the hospital and the two new additions have made for an exciting weekend for Ben. He is so helpful and big.
Henry in his crib, by Ben.
Henry swaddled, his favorite place to be.
Henry is one lucky boy to have three older brothers that love him. When he cries they all converge with blankets toys and a song, usually "I had a little turtle" to comfort him. It is really rewarding to see all of them start to be friends.

7 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

I'm so happy to see the boys love Henry, and things are going well. I can't believe you're already posting, you're bouncing back too soon, remember to stay in your pj's - as soon as you get dressed people think you can do things for yourself.:) Beautiful Boy(s)
Love you,
Leah

the Painters said...

Lanae, Henry is beautiful and so are your older 3. I'm so sorry to hera that swine flu has struck your home. Be well and Congratulations! Henry is sooooooo CUTE!

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Your boys are adorable! Sorry to hear about the Swine Flu. Poor Jeffey:( But all your boys look like they are handling things just fine. And Henry is adorable! I must come visit and get some baby loves!!

CHRISTINE said...

CONGRATS! I love the name Henry...in fact we seriously considered it for Wyatt, but decided to do Wyatt Henry instead. My grandpa was Henry. He is a beautiful little boy! You look great...and I hope the swine flu leaves your house ASAP. Scary. Good job!

happyfamily said...

WHAT A CUTIE PIE. I HEARD EVERYONE IS DOING BETTER. SEE YOU AT THE BEGINNING OF NEXT WEEK. BY THE WAY CRAIG AND I LOVE THE NAME HENRY.

Sheri said...

Congratulations! He's a beautiful baby.

E-mail me your e-mail address so I can send you pictures from Friday's fieldtrip. Ben was in my group - he's such a fun, adventurours boy!

Sheri said...

I forgot to leave my e-mail - it's:

sheritrezise@aol.com