Sunday, May 10, 2009

Name them one by one

Other than my sub-par camera that seems to always focus on the wrong things, life doesn't get much better than this! My Mother's Day Weekend was filled with flowers (paper and fresh), breakfast in bed, getting my hair done, hanging with family, shopping and tons of cute hand-drawn pictures accompanied by hugs and kisses. There are somedays I can't get over how I got here. With all its ups and downs I love my life and am grateful for all that I have been given. I am filled with gratitude for the oppportunity to have children, for a husband that supports my efforts and for family and friends that show by quiet example the way to be better. I am also grateful for my mom that still rubs my head when I have a bad day and leaves lipstick marks on the cheeks of my little men.
In addition, I continue to be inspired by those who deal so gracefully with the heartaches that motherhood, or the lack thereof, can bring. Thank you for your powerful testimonies of hope, that constantly remind me the source of all the blessings in my life.
Happy Mother's Day

4 comments:

NIblet said...

Being a mom is truly the greatest, yes? It was nice reading about Jeff's sweetness, his generous heart will carry him far. Amazing what we learn from our kids, isn't it?

A mother heart said...

I don't know if you know that niblet is my mom.

Sweet post. Glad you had a good weekend!

The David Rays said...

You are great Lanae! I love reading your blog and i appreciate your optomistic approach to life. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. So happy to see you guys are doing well. We miss you over this way. Take care!
Warmly,
Neelie

The Barb Chronicles said...

Your boys are so dang cute... I know I say that all the time. I just love the hair. I love Mother's day- wish it could last all year.