Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Cabin Fever
A wise mother once said "Kids need dirt and sun to grow". I couldn't agree more. Add some water, great friends, fantastic food and a very well-behaved, patient dog and you have the perfect Memorial Day Weekend. (and a lot of pictures!!!)
Hiking to a little spring, the kids thought it was so cool that the water was coming out of the hill.



Having a picnic lunch by the river and practicing fishing made the perfect first day.
Ava loved riding with the boys in the van and they didn't mind either. A girl that has a dog is pretty cool in their books even if she is a girl!
The river proved too much temptation for the boys and Kim and I watched our husbands transport back in time to boy scout days as they attempted to make a "bridge" across the creek. In the end they were wet past their knees and the kids had a great time crossing with their daddy's.
I think Kona's straightforward approach worked the best!
We got to discover hail as we waited out the weather between fishing.
It's hard to complain about the weather when it is this fun.
Even Lukey found a great way to enjoy the cool day.
We had great luck finding fish and Daddy made everyone feel great about the size of their fishes! (I think he caught some bigger ones when the camera wasn't around)

I was the reigning champ for the biggest one, for about fifteen minutes until Mike took the weekend title.
Lukey liked Ava's princess fishing rod and had fun "casting" into the rocks.
This little boy was so patient and loved sitting by the river. He was great at casting and reeling in the fish all by himself. He also mastered the art of whistling while we were at the cabin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so sad that we missed out. Wish we could have been there with you guys. Let's get together now that school is out. We can play all day!
Congrats on the graduation - and what I great break after all that work to just get out of town!
Speaking of fishing poles.... :)
That is so fun that you guys hang out so much. My favorite is the picture of Lukey with the princess fishing pole - his face is so cute!
Lanae! I found your blog through Analee's. How cool! How exciting that you are expecting another baby. :) I just had baby Ellie three weeks ago. So fun to see how you and your family is doing. Check out my blog any time.
It looks like so much fun! I am sure your boys were in heaven. They are adorable. Loved hanging out the other day. It was just like old times!
YAY! Great recap! I'm so behind on my blogging, it's ridiculous. I'll just have to tell people that if they want to know about our trip, to refer to your blog! :) lol
Post a Comment