Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not My Baby Anymore


After four years of looking under the crib in the middle of the night for the all-elusive pacifier...we are free! I fully believe in binkies because I have a great fear of my children sucking their thumb or fingers, which I did until I was about ten and it took some mighty fine looking head-gear to fix the damage. With the other boys the day they turned two we took the paci away and put them in big boy beds. Last week I put Luke down for a nap and forgot to give him his bink, and he just went to sleep. So ever since then he doesn't have one. And he already sleeps in a big boy bed... so I am officially out of the baby stage. He isn't two until December, but he is definately big. I don't even carry a diaper bag anymore. I think I am growing up too, I had the job of washing the Relief Society table clothes after Enrichment this week, and it somehow felt like a huge responsibility, something my mother-in-law does. (PS. I don't know what they make those things out of, but every stain seems to just disappear. I need to clothe my boys in the stuff!)

2 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Wow, thanks for washing those table clothes. I am impressed with how everything turned out, by the way. I have never been on the enrichment committee before and didn't know how much work and planning it actually took!

My baby sucks his thumb, and I guess that Christina's daughter doesn't approve of it because she kept yanking his thumb out of his mouth every time he put it in.

The Welker Family said...

I agree that the binkie is way better than the thumb. I tried so hard to avoid it too and Abby's thumb is like a magnet to her little mouth. I'm glad that you turned out good in spite of it so I have some hope.

Your blog is so fun to read. It looks like you had a TON of work with all of your canning. Good job! That is quite the accomplishment. Oh, and p.s. your little boys are just adorable!