
There have been a few times in my short career as a mom that I have got into what I call the "Mommy Zone". This is the place where I am playing with the kids, or watching them play and just stop and marvel at how amazing they are and how blessed I am to have them. I realize in that brief moment that this time is precious and will be gone so fast and that I want to savor every second. Its that place where I want to freeze time.
My Moment Today:
Lukey was sleeping and Ben, Jeff and I were laying on my bed sharing "Bubble Tape". We each had a big wad in our mouths and I started blowing bubbles. They were facinated, I was suddenly the coolest person in the world. I threw caution to the wind and let them use their grubby little fingers to pop the bubbles over and over again and they loved it. Ben tried his best to master the bubble blowing art and kept spitting the gum out and concluded that he had to be ten to do it. After popping bubbles got old, Jeffey said: "Mom hold my gum while I jump, don't eat it kay!" I gladly held the slimy chunk of pink goo in my hand and watched my boys jump off my headboard onto the mattress. Then I got up to make dinner and it was over.
I love these special moments that recharge me for all the "other" moments that motherhood brings. Like, later on this evening when Lukey left a "treat" for me to clean up in the tub! I had a brief frustration attack, and then just let it go, left the tub, sang songs, said multiple prayers, told the fourth Star Wars story this week to the boys and kissed my sweet little men goodnight. Today I think I might be getting the hang of this mother thing...today. Now off to find the slotted spoon and the bleach!
My Moment Today:
Lukey was sleeping and Ben, Jeff and I were laying on my bed sharing "Bubble Tape". We each had a big wad in our mouths and I started blowing bubbles. They were facinated, I was suddenly the coolest person in the world. I threw caution to the wind and let them use their grubby little fingers to pop the bubbles over and over again and they loved it. Ben tried his best to master the bubble blowing art and kept spitting the gum out and concluded that he had to be ten to do it. After popping bubbles got old, Jeffey said: "Mom hold my gum while I jump, don't eat it kay!" I gladly held the slimy chunk of pink goo in my hand and watched my boys jump off my headboard onto the mattress. Then I got up to make dinner and it was over.
I love these special moments that recharge me for all the "other" moments that motherhood brings. Like, later on this evening when Lukey left a "treat" for me to clean up in the tub! I had a brief frustration attack, and then just let it go, left the tub, sang songs, said multiple prayers, told the fourth Star Wars story this week to the boys and kissed my sweet little men goodnight. Today I think I might be getting the hang of this mother thing...today. Now off to find the slotted spoon and the bleach!
6 comments:
Thanks for being a fun Mom for our boys. I love you.
Thanks for making my day! Love you too.
You are an awesome mom Lanae! I love seeing you with your kids and am continually amazed at your patience and attitude!
Ah, the things we have to go through for being moms! I agree though, those precious moments need to be savored and treasured. Sure does make picking up the "treats" along the way a lot easier:) I read your comment on my blog and sure do miss those park days eating chips and dip!! It's starting to get cold up here and it's about this time that I want to head back to AZ! Miss you tons! Oh and if you want an update on your header let me know, I can help or do it for ya:)
Thank you for reminding me that it's the "little things" that make our days brighter. Frustration can often take over with little boys, but those fun moments make life interesting! - Stacey Jim
You are such an amazing mom. Thank you for sharing this great post. It's moments like this that we need to really cherish these amazing experiences with our children.
Post a Comment