Sunday, March 18, 2012

Showered with Love

These four amazing women, with the help of a lot more, threw me the most wonderful baby shower to help welcome our newest addition. When I got pregnant this time, I remember Kim telling me that when we found out it was a girl she was going to rent the out the ballroom at some big hotel and throw a huge party. Well, she "borrowed" her sister-in-law's home and did just that! I was so excited for months and overwhelmed with love from everyone. I often think that if this little girl has as many cherished friends as I do, she will be okay without a sister.
I LOVE these girls so much!!
More pictures of my amazing friends. Sherri did such a great job with all these pictures and I'm grateful for the memories.
Okay, so this picture makes me a little sad that this girl won't have a sister. Denia is my best friend and I love being so close to her in so many ways. Her and my mom helped make this such a special day. Avery sat beside me and helped me open gifts and was excited for every tiny bow and outfit. It is a blessing that Dee decided to have a little buddy for our baby that will be born just a few weeks later. We told Avery that she will have to share her sisters and we will share our brothers with Noah.
My sweet friend Ange was in town from Utah and made this incredible cake for the shower. Seriously, have you ever seen anything so gorgeous? And it tasted just as good as it looked. What a gift! I think it may have topped our wedding cake.
The food was everything that I loved! Salads, veggies, rolls and lots of treats. The girls know me well.
My mom brought a bunch of pictures of my when I was little and a red dress that Denia and I both wore. I can't wait to take a picture of this baby wearing the same dress. It was given to me by my great grandmother Dupuis, my dad's grandma. Since we don't have a blessing dress to pass down, this is a very treasured little dress.
The baby and mommy were super spoiled by everyone who came and many more who couldn't make it, but dropped off something or contributed to my dream diaper bag. This is going to be the best dressed little lady.
The decorations were beautiful and it was a perfectly, girly theme of pink. The girls took care of every detail and it was perfect.

Leah made tasty bags of pink popcorn as favors that the guests could take home when they left.
More pink goodness.
I feel like I opened gifts forever. I managed to keep it together most of the time. I think I cried twice and it was tough to keep the tears at bay the rest of the time, with all the tiny handmade shoes, hair bows, blankets and adorable outfits everyone brought. It still overwhelms me to think about how fortunate I am to have so many people who are excited with us for our girl.
It was so much fun opening all the packages full of tiny, ruffly cuteness.

Alyssa put together a bow-making table where everyone could come and make a bow, headband or flower for the baby. They attached them to cards and I got to take them home with me at the end of the shower. It was a great idea and it will be neat remember who made each one when I get to play "dress-up".



Grandma Jones made her a white quilt just like the she did for the boys. These are very special blankets to me and she will be wrapped up in it for her blessing.




This is one lucky little girl already! I have more friends than any one person deserves, and I treasure them all. I worry sometimes about how I am going to raise a daughter after four sons, but I don't have to look very far for examples of great "daughter-moms" in my life. Thank you to everyone who made this such a special day for me and baby girl Jones.
I also had my friend Danielle throw me another wonderful shower with all my friends from church and we didn't get any pictures. It was another overwhelming event where I felt showered with love! Life is good.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Lanae, you got great pictures. Again, I wish I could have been there to celebrate, but I love looking at all these. Makes me feel like I was there. Miss you! Can't wait to hear the good news. :)

Kimberly said...

Also, you are soooooo right about how great our friends are!!! Living lots of other places makes me realize more and more how rare those friendships are and how much they are sooooooo valuable and appreciated!
Love you!