I have prepared more for this little one than any of the others. Not that we are any more excited, girls just have more stuff, more ruffles, flowers, bows and pink...and more to do! I have been so spoiled by friends and family and love to sit in her room and soak in the peaceful color and clean paint smell. On a side note, clean smells have been a major craving this go around. Vinegar, bleach, pine sol, fresh paint, cut grass, Fabuloso and sugar! It is odd to me how your body takes over when you are expecting. Nesting is in full force with three weeks to go and I am getting ready to fill the freezer with meals so we can eat when I am too tired to remember my name.
For one of my showers they made bows, add that to everyone's generous gifts and the fun I have had crafting and she is set withaccessories for pretty much the rest of her life! I can't wait to see all these on her tiny head. I think we may have to change them hourly to get enough were out of them. It is special to know that each one of them were made by friends and family.
She may also have to wear a different dress to each hour of church on Sunday to get a chance to use all of these. There are so many adorable outfits stuffed in overflowing drawers.
I have had fun making all the headbands my heart desires and getting to keep them for myself. I love that I get to make two of everything so Denia's little girl can match baby girl Jones.
The boys had a blast painting their sister's room. I'm not sure if they loved painting it for her or just be allowed to paint, but it was a fun time. We decided on a nice Tiffany blue as not to get a complete pink overload. Although, almost everything else, including her clothes, are pink.
They took the job very seriously.
Pink, pink and more pink.
Ruffles and a chandelier; pom poms and pink lanterns, what more can a girl want?
I love that her room is a modge podge of borrowed, and donated items. I feel overwhelmed by how many people are excited about her coming to our family. One of my dear friends wrote me a card that said "Finally, you get to be with your daughter again. " I love the thought that she was meant to be in our family, that there is no accident that she is following four brothers and that she will most likely be the caboose to our little crew. I know that she will be treasured and watched out for, by her dad and I and the boys. If she is as "sweet", as Brian puts it, as the boys are, we are going to be so blessed to have her in our home (and I'm sure she will be). I can hardly wait the three more weeks to meet her. She is one lucky little lady.









1 comment:
Love the baby girls room. Can't wait to see her in it. That will make it even cuter.
Post a Comment