Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's Great To Be Eight

Brian baptized Benjamin Saturday, March 17th at our stake center. Ben's uncle Randall was the presiding member of the Stake Presidency. Grandma Jones gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, Grandma Tosczak said the closing prayer, Aunt Colene led the music and Avery sang "I Know My Savoir Loves Me". Uncle Darrell and Uncle Justin were the witnesses and Brian performed the confirmation with Ben's uncles and Grandpa Jones in the circle.
Aunt Aubrey was thoughtful and remembered to get pictures for us. I love this one! It was such a simple, special day. Daddy and Ben talked about the ordinance, and practiced so Ben knew just what to expect. Benjamin was very excited and calm about the day. He is such a sweet little man and a wonderful example to his younger brothers, and soon to be sister. When Brian and Ben got back from getting changed, Henry asked: "You baptized now, Ben?".
Ben got a suit for the occasion. In true Ben style, he plays it cool, but I think he felt pretty special going up to shake the bishop's hand when he got welcomed into the ward.

I can't believe how big and grown up my tiny baby Benjamin has become. I love this boy with all my heart and I'm so glad he came to our family as our oldest son. It is an honor to be his mom.


Daddy's Thoughts:
Saturday was a big day for our Benjamin. The night before, we spent time practicing how to get baptized. You did great and were prepared when the time came. You had several friends that attended including Hallie Walker, Weston Thomas, Britton Platt, and Hyrum Hendrickson. Benjamin your mother and I have always considered it to be a privilege to be your parents. You set a great example as an older brother and are a good friend to others. Baptism is the first of many covenants that you will make with your Heavenly Father. I challenge you to live your life in a way so that you are prepared to make further covenants with Him at the times you are supposed to during your life. We love you very much and are glad you are in our family.

No comments: