Thursday, February 16, 2012

Jones Family 2011 Highlights

This was a great year for our family! We are so lucky to live close to so much family and enjoy being with both sets of grandparents often. We love our home and can't believe it has been over two years since we moved in. The boys are growing up so fast and this year three of the four were gone to school most of the week. Henry and mommy have had lots of time to bond and become great friends. Every night, before we go to bed, Brian and I go room to room to check on the boys and lock up the house. It is amazing each day to see all these little boys sleeping. I think they get bigger everyday.
This year Brian passed the CPA exam and we found out we were going to add a tiny pink bundle to our family...both awesome events in our lives!
The boys enjoy having each other and love all of our family adventures. They have their moments of sibling rivalry, but for the most part, if they are well-rested and have full tummies, they just go play together. Many hours are passed playing some pretend battle game on the trampoline.

They are all so good with their tiny brother and each one takes turns melting my heart with something they will include him in, or a game they make up for him. Jeff loves to chase him, Luke is an awesome bath time companion and Benjamin is always pointing out a new skill or phrase that H has learned. I'm pretty sure since day one, Henry has thought of himself as just as big as the other boys.
I'm not sure how I went from one little boy to four and how I'm quite going to manage having another baby, but it sure has been a blast figuring things out. We celebrated nine years of marriage in June and the time has truly flown by. I could have never imagined what an incredible life we have together. I am so thankful for my sweet husband and boys.


How did I ever get so blessed?!

Henry is the entertainment at our dinner table every night. Sitting right at the 75% for height and weight, he is huge, by our standards and thinks he is so big too. He is still such a good napper, which helps me clean up after his morning antics, before he has time to create a new mess. He is sooo busy and curious. He has a special little smirk for when he knows he is being naughty (which is pretty often right now), that almost works on me! He is at the cutest age right now and I just want to bottle it up and keep him this way. He loves to be with me. He gives the best hugs and kisses and is such a friendly little guy. He makes everyone feel special and will tell me I'm a princess when I get dressed for church. Lots of things are "totalwy awesome", including jumping off any surface. He loves his brothers, and his cousin "Livi". He knows some of his colors, especially pink and green. He can sing you "Twinkle, Twinkle" and say his ABCs. We are starting to work on potty stuff and he will move to his big boy bed soon. There are very few times when he is not smiling. He loves babies and I think he will make the transition from little brother to big brother quite well. (Fingers crossed) We sure love our "Big Paytche"!
Lukes is five! Seemed like he was four forever, and I think I would have been okay with that. He goes to school three days a week to a Pre-K program at the boys school and loves playing with his buddies. He also loves the other two days a week when he hangs out with H and I and has special quiet time in the afternoon with mommy on the couch. He has such a huge personality and such a tender heart. Luke has a animated way of expressing just about everything. He is very passionate, for better or worse and has the best smile. He is quick to thank me for most things I do for him, whether it is signing him up for soccer or making a good dinner. His blue eyes and freckles melt me and the fact that he loves to cuddle doesn't hurt. I am glad we stil have a few months until he starts school full time, just to hang out. He is also so helpful with Henry that I am going to miss having him around. Luke is very bright and is picking up reading and writing quickly. His teacher told me that she hasn't had such a sweet little boy in her class in a long time. Luke is a great friend and loves playing with his brothers. We tried for a while to put him in his own room, but that didn't go over very well. We are sure glad we have a Luke in our family.Jefferson Wayne continues to amaze me with how thoughtful he can be. He made me a note the other day that said "Love you, Love Jeff". He is also up for a good cuddle, when he is in the right mood, and shares Henry's michevious grin. He is so gentle and kind when it comes to Henry. He will watch after his little brother at the park and loves to hug him when he gets home from school. School stuff doesn't come as easy to Jeff as it does to some others, but he continues to progress at his own rate and works so hard. Between extra help at school, hard work on his homework and a special tutor he is catching up to his class fast. His has great handwriting and is taking after his cousin Noah! His reading has improved dramatically since the beginning of the year and he has a great attitude. He is loving his Karate class right now and excelled in gymnastics. He is just a little muscle and is so strong. One of Jeff's favorite things is being read to at night while the boys are all in bed. Jefferson has a twinkle in his eye that he has always had, and loves to be around people and have fun. He is a good friend and makes you feel better about yourself when you are around him. We love our Jeffer-babies!
I can't believe how grown-up boys get the year they turn eight. I have watched two nephews and now it is Ben's turn to get ready to be baptized. Benjamin is such a good boy. His ultimate desire is to be obedient. I am amazed at how responsible and concientious he is and how mature. He can be a pretty serious kid and his favorite place to be is beside his dad. Whether it is watching the game or golfing, he is Brian's shadow. They have talks about being a missionary, read the Book of Mormon early in the morning together. Fortunately, he is not to big to hold my hand in public or give me a hug at school yet. He is a great example to his brothers and they usually love what he does. He can also be super silly and loves to dance with his brothers in the living room. Second grade has proven more of a challenge in terms of homework and writing, but Ben is great about getting his work done mostly on his own and loves that he is in a third grade math class and gets to leave notes for his cousin. Ben played football this year and is currently loving his soccer team. His age group is fun to watch as they start to understand how the game works. Ben is also a great big brother, although he isn't so sure he is ready to have a sister. I think they aren't sure what it will be like (mom isn't so sure either!). We look forward to Ben's eighth birthday and his baptism and confirmation this March. We are very proud of our Benjamin Peter.

No comments: