It has been so fun getting ready to meet this new little one. It is always exciting to welcome a new baby into our family, but sewing for a girl is extra special! All the ruffles, pinks and cute floral patterns are beginning to find their way into our "boy house". I decided to make most of her bedding and thanks to Pinterest, it hasn't been that hard.
I am so happy with her quilt. It was the first time I designed and bound a quilt. The math of making everything turn out even about did me in, but the end result was so worth the effort. I also realize why the lady on etsy charges $130 for this quilt.
I decided against making her blessing dress however, when I found this one on Ebay. I am in love with how sweet and simple it is and how delicate the lace looks. The seller said it was vintage from the 1920s, it looks brand new to me, but we will count it as her "something old" for her special day. She will wear crocheted booties made by my Dad's aunt that have been worn by Avery and Olivia for the "something borrowed" and I am going to make her a headband for the "something new". I'm sure her brothers can finish the day off by being her "something blue".
I have bought her very few clothes so far, but couldn't pass up this sweet dress.
Putting together the quilt. (In reverse order)
Her ruffled bedskirt. I made it from a Pottery Barn twin bed skirt that a friend gave me. I think it is one of my favorite things in her room.
Not sure there is enough pink in here!
It has also been fun to start making hair accessories and trying out appliques for the first time.
The bodice of the blessing dress. Love the tiny flowers.
I am getting really excited to meet this little lady that kicks all night long and reminds me she is coming. I can't believe that in seven and half weeks we get to meet our tiny pink one.











2 comments:
YAY! I love it! She's going to be soooo happy with her new surroundings and family!!!! You'll be such a fun girly mom. We'll defaintely have to have lots of play groups since our kids are all the same...or close enough
Congratulations! That's so exciting. Mike will be over there in May, so he'll have to pay the little lady a visit.
Post a Comment