Last year I spent my 30th birthday with Brian in Disneyland, a little tough to top! This year there were no lavish parties, no trips or big gifts, but I had a great day none the less. However, there is something not quite as exciting about turning 31 as there was about turning 30 last year. So, instead of counting the years anymore (especially with another BIG birthday now in sight!), I will just count my blessings.

1. I am grateful that I got to spend the day with my boys. We ate at Red Robin for dinner and had fun singing and getting balloons.

2. I am grateful for a husband who loves me and my boys and works so hard to make sure we have a great life. He also was very thoughtful and got me the new Martina McBride CD, since I can't find the IPOD he gave me for Christmas two years ago!

3. I love that Lukey likes to squish up my face and then....

give me a big kiss.

4. I am so grateful that Jeffey is part of our family and that despite a rough start he is healthly and hilarious!

5. I love that Benjamin is our first born and is such a great example to his brothers and such a wonderful helper to me.

6. I am grateful that I got to go to lunch at my favorite Joe's Farm Grill with some of my best friends, Tiffany and my sister and all our little monkeys.


(Couldn't you just eat her?)

7. I am grateful that my dad's gift to me was covering over three of the ugliest colors of paint (besides my bedroom) that I have ever seen. I am in love with all my new walls.

(The before picture of our guest bath, army fatiques should never serve as inspiration for a room!)

(The "Black Wall"????????????)

"Ahhhhh"
8. In addition, my "school friends" took me out for dinner spoiled me with gifts, my VTs brought me a GAP giftcard and my facebook was covered with well-wishes. I am lucky to have such great friends that make me feel special.
Even though getting older is not as much fun anymore, I am so happy with my life, my family, my home and all the other blessings that I enjoy at 31. My mom turned 31 eight days after she had me, and I will have a new little boy in less that four weeks. I can't think of a better birthday gift. Happy Birthday to me.
2 comments:
So glad to see a post!! Not only because that means that baby of yours is still cooking, but because it means you're out and about enjoying yourself! Glad you had a great birthday. My kids LOVE Red Robin, so I bet you all had a blast:)
oh-can you email me your new address? I have something for baby boy #4 and have nowhere to send it too:) Thanks
I would love that picture of Brooklyn! I had so much fun at lunch. Glad you had a wonderful birthday with your cute little family.
Post a Comment