Monday, August 11, 2008
Leaving a Legacy
The reason for our trip to Canada was to celebrate Brian's Grandmother's 100th birthday. I have to admit I wasn't initially thrilled at the prospect of driving all the way to Canada with all three boys, but it was so worth it. I have such a new appreciation for Brian's family and the legacy that his ancestors have left for our family. I have a deep respect for Brian's grandma who quietly went about life raising her children in the gospel and teaching them to make right choices. The bishop in sacrament meeting on Sunday remarked at how rich Grandma T was because she was surrounded by such a great posterity that was where the Lord would have them be. I was touched by this lady who was so happy to have her family around her on this special day. Sometimes life can seem full of the same seemingly mundane tasks. Laundry, making dinner, changing diapers etc. fill my days and seem endless at times. But the reward is unmeasureable and so worth it.
All of her living children and a large portion of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren were in attendance at her party.
These next two pictures were taken on the lawn at the hospital after sacrament meeting. All of the dads and Grandpa were in giving Grandma Great a blessing and Collette and I were outside singing primary songs with the kids. This was my favorite moment on the trip. The kids had no idea what was going on inside, but were so happy just to be together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a neat trip. Sure it is no trip to Disneyland, but it was special in its own way! What great memories and special pictures. I love the one with your family and Bri's grandma. What a treasure.
Hope you all feel better soon!
So glad we were able to see ya on the trip. What fun! And I love the pic of Jacks and Ben together! We sure do miss you guys:)
Ok reading your post described a whole new trip to Canada for me. Keith always just gives me a Cliff Notes version.
Also Keith said you might have some pictures of him and Garrett with Grandma T? If ya do that would be great. Fun see you and the kids.
Boy your hair is long! Great pictures and while I am glad you had a great time it sure made me sad we were not there! Love you, Ruth and the gang
Oh, hey not all her grandchildren, Gordon? I wish he could have been there.
And I am going to steal some pictures. Thanks
Post a Comment