
After a few years of agonizing over the decision whether or not to get a dog, one weekend we aquired Sammy. He came very well trained, and with all the extras of a well-loved pet. We had some good friends that needed to move and didn't think it was best to take him with them. The boys are so happy to have a pet and I must admit it has not been that big of an adjustment. The boys have been so great at doing the "Sammy" chores and I haven't had to feed, clean up or get him water in the last month. He really is a great dog and I enjoy the companionship when Brian is at class or studying. He follows me around when I lock the doors and check the boys, and when Henry is crying he comes and stands beside me. We couldn't have asked for a better pet and he fits right in.

Sammy loves to go for walks and run free at the grassy area. He occasionally walks the boys and they are still learning how to make him obey. Henry LOVES him and I think he is as excited to see Sammy in the morning as he is to see me. He gets right down next to him and waits for Sammy to lick his face. Henry then says "Dog" and proceeds to lay on, pull on, and just generally torment him all day long. Sammy tolerates it all and goes back for more. It is fun to watch Henry growing up with a pet. I have to say, even the non-pet person in me is enjoying having a dog. Thanks to the Anselmos and Ainsworths for all their hard work that we get to benefit from. And although you won't see him in any of our family portraits, we are proud dog owners.
1 comment:
Love him! Miss him! Glad you have him! :)
Post a Comment