Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Santa Socks

There are a few indicators in my house that we hit a little rough patch. One of those is a pair of Santa Claus dress socks showing up in the laundry. We don't really know where they came from, but they sit in the bottom of Brian's drawer and wait for a particularly long week, when sorting socks is last on my list and Brian is too busy helping me stay afloat to get to laundry either. (I love that he never says anything, just quietly puts them on, kisses me goodbye and goes off to work)

Today I found them on top of the dirty clothes basket in my closet. It definitely has been a "Santa Socks" week. We had a few bumps in the road that last few days which helped me realize some important things that I always want to remember. I had a very early stage miscarriage this week. I was only six weeks along and it really had minimal physical impact, other than leaving me really tired. It definitely wasn't a fun experience, but we are fine and learned a couple children ago that as much as you would like to plan your life, thankfully, Heavenly Father is control and knows exactly what we need to progress. It is hard to be too sad, when I have four beautiful babies that I can go squeeze whenever I need a hug. The experience was a gentle reminder of how grateful I am for the boys that I am blessed with and just what a miracle it is to have Jefferson.
I am also filled with gratitude for my friends and family that continue to show their support and love for our little family through all the ups and downs.

To add to the roller coaster, poor Henry is sick with strep and Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease, we watched my sisters kids this weekend and we lost Jeffey for 15 minutes this morning when he didn't know the rest of us WEREN'T playing hide and go seek!

However, we all made it through the week in one piece, and thanks to my sweet mom all the laundry baskets are empty and the sock drawers are full. I am ready to push the "reset" button and start a brand new week, and as much as I learn from these times, I hope it is a little while before the Santa Socks are in the laundry again.

7 comments:

Tamee said...

Lanae, I'm so sorry about your week. What a blessing to have family and a good husband. Thank heavens for only a few weeks of completely helplessness, chaos, and disappointment to help us appreciate the other weeks.

Courtney said...

Lanae, you are amazing. I am so sorry about your rough week all included! Let me know if you need anything. Love you!

Sandra Dubreuil said...

You are one of my very best friends and my heart goes out to you. Wish I could have been there to help out, but I know you have a lot of people out there that love ya and take good care of you. Here's to Henry getting better real soon! Hope this week turns out better than the last :)

Castle Family said...

So sorry about your difficult week. It's never easy to combine emotional and physical stresses. Hope things are on the mend for you!!

Christi in AZ said...

Lanae, hugs to you for your loss. You are always a great example to me of looking on the bright side of things. Your boys are going to learn so much just by watching you.

(PS - I emailed you a response to your comment on my blog. Let me know if you dont get it.)

Christine said...

I am sorry to hear about your tough week, and I hope that the socks go away for a long time... wishing you only the best!

Leah and Mike said...

It truly is a blessing to have your wonderful boys. Jeff looks like such a ladies man in the side picture. What a stud. I am sorry you went through hurt this last week, but admire your outlook for the future. You're an inspiration to me as always.