Sunday, August 22, 2010

Big Changes!

How did I go from this....
to this?! My life has changed so much in the last few weeks. Going from having three babies to three independent little men has given me alot of time to myself that I didn't have for five years. Yes, I have another baby, but just one! He is such a sweet happy soul that gets my undivided atttention two days a week. I am so grateful that my boys came the way that they did, and as fast as they did. It has been a blessing to have them so close and such good friends. When we leave we take the party with us and my boys always have a friend wherever they go. Jeff has someone that has his back on the playground. Luke had two brothers that were in the school before him and a teacher that already knows our family. Ben always had a buddy. Those first few years were hard with little sleep, never enough energy and never time to get the house clean, be on time for anything or be a reliable friend, but they were worth it.

However, for the time being I am enjoying just how grown-up the boys are! I started running (if you can call jogging for almost two miles running, but I'll take it), and love being alone with music and my thoughts. My goal is to run a 5K soon and not have to walk.
I also figured out how people keep their homes clean. It is amazing what happens when you clean up and two of the four are at school and it can stay clean. I am getting better at staying on top of the housework and I love when the boys come home and I can have a snack ready, spend one on one time with each boy and still have energy left to take on some fun projects.
I love the joy and satisfaction that comes from being a mom. It is such a priveledge to watch these little boys grow up. Any sacrifice that motherhood requires has always paid me back ten fold. I can't wait to see what life brings next!

No comments: