"Although we often hear the "statistic" that you are 30% or even 70% more likely to keep having the same gender, this is just an old wives tale. It is NOT a fact. The truth is, your odds stay pretty close to 50% for each child and only vary slightly. If you have had 2 or 3 boys, you are only about 2% to 6% more likely to have another boy. If you have had girls, you are slightly more likely to have a boy next." (taken from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth conducted by the US Dept. of Labor.)
So, sometime in October we will welcome the fourth baby into our home, and according to this study we are still about 50/50 on the gender! We are so excited, as are the boys. Ben thinks it is a girl, and Jeff and Lukey are predicting another brother. As for me, I am just going to hold my breath until the ultrasound, probably cry a bit either way and try to wrap my head around being a mom of FOUR!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
A friend of mine just found out today that she is having her 6th boy! What are the odds of that, I wonder?....Congrat's to you on your pregnancy. I had a hunch you were preggers ;) Not sure why, just did.
I sure do hope the odds are in your favor but it doesn't seem to matter because the cousin twins will get along just great I'm sure.
Congrats! Mariyah was born in Oct and it's a great month:). My cousin just had her 4th boy and a friend of mine is having her 4th as well. It seems like most families either have all boys or all girls:). Either way it's a wonderful blessing.
YIPPEE!! So happy for you! Wow, a mom of 4...seriously! Here's to another cute Jones baby!
Congrats! So fun to hear about. I don't know if a girl could handle all those boys. Good luck! :)
So So Happy for you!! Can't wait to see what the new Jones baby will look like!!
Congrats Lanae and family! I was thinking recently that it's about due time for you to be having a another baby soon..... :) You can enjoy HER for me! I'm not having one anytime soon.
I'm so impressed by your strength and I admire your willingness and faith. You are a SUPERWOMAN! Yay I hope it's a girl. it will be.
OCTOBER?! Did you get pregnant last night?
You gave in! I don't blame you for not wanting to share the fun news! Congratulations...I can't wait to meet the next little red head!
Congrats Lanae! If you do have another boy, I am sure he will be just as adorable as your other cute little boys! Although, I can totally see a cute little red-headed girl in tow too! :-) Congratulations to you and Bri!!
What fun!! Conrats to you and your family....pink or blue!
That is so awesome! I am so happy for y'all.
YAY!! Congrats to you guys! I'm excited for you! Have you been craving anything yet? Is there anything in paticular I should make for Saturday?
YEAH!! Congratulations you guys! I can't wait to hear what you're having...seems we're going down the same path. Do you mind if I steal your blog name...or at least one of your little guys names? What the heck would you do if you had a little girl?
Ahhh, very brave...or crazy. Haha, I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of being a mom of 3 still...then we might consider a 4th. haha! Congratulations.
Wait, WHAT?????????!?!?! Congratulations, Lanae!! Man, I need to check blogs more often!! YAY!! So happy for you! HOly crap, FOUR kids! You are lapping us!
Post a Comment