The day after Christmas we took off and headed to DC for some very fun family time. We stayed with Brian's brother and his family, who we amazing hosts. I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about their hospitality. From taking care of our kids so we could see the sights together one day, making everything extra fun for the boys and planning for babysitters so we could enjoy some fun double dates. We had an incredible time cramming as much in a day as we could!

The boys keeping busy watching "Clone Wars" on the 5hr plane ride. It was a joy to travel with our little men this time, they have grown up so much since the last time we took the trek.

Playing on the balls outside the Air and Space Museum in Balitmore. This was someplace I never would have ventured before I had boys, and I couldn't have imagined how fun it was for them to see the spaceships and airplanes. However, their favorite part was the Star Wars toy collection, which was nothing compared to Uncle Marshalls!

Recognize this house? Look on the front of a nickel. We had such great weather and aside from poor Kendall's fall and a little drama finding Monticello, it was probably my favorite sight of the trip. I enjoyed getting a little culture learning about Thomas Jefferson and all the things he did for our country. I got a little emotional thinking about the great men that paved the way for the freedoms we enjoy and sacrificed so much so that I can practice my religon the way I choose.

The effect of seeing being at "his" house was a little less profound. (Someone quickly pointed out that Jefferson was a red head also) Here he is thowing a rock in the fish pond and saying "I wish I was weal dog". You can see the intensity on his face. Garrett wished he could be eight so he could have a real dog. Its all about priorities. And yes, those are Lukey's bare little toes. Even in a cooler climate the kid refused to keep his shoes on...my eternal battle.

I had my heart set on skating outdoors and that is what we did. Even Lukey got teeny skates and was so excited. I spent much of my winters when I was young on skates and it was a dream to take my boys.

To my amazement (I had anticipated just taking a few pictures between tears!), they loved it! By the time we left Lukey was pushing this bucket and skating to it all on his own. I couldn't get over how adorable his tiny skates were.

Jeffey also took right to it and will be playing hockey soon. I was so proud of my boys.

In true Tamee style, she graciously stayed on the side to take pictures. I love this one. Poor Ben took a hard spill at the beginning, but was gliding away by the time we left. (Okay, gliding might be a stretch, but Tamee sure got a great shot!)

This night was a little nippy. We went to the DC temple and saw the live nativity, which the boys loved. Luke helped us all by having a great nap the entire time.

I wish I had this picture for our Christmas cards. This will be logged as one of my all time favorite family memories.
Thanks again Keith and Tamee for making this such a great trip. The boys still wear their new jammies every other night!
3 comments:
Fun pictures. You all look so good. I still haven't taken my girls ice skating, but I've always really wanted to. I guess now we'll have to wait until after our baby comes. But it looks so fun!
What a cute family! Looks like a fun trip!
Ah! Good times! I love the pictures of the you all skating. That was a good call on skating. I sent you a bunch of pictures of your trip on a CD in the bos with the Clons Wars and t-shirts.
Thanks again for coming. It was good to spend sometimes with one of my sisters over the holidays. I enjoyed chatting with you. I need you postive influence around me more often.
Enjoy the apartment dwelling.
Post a Comment