Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thanksgiving 2010

Holidays to me mean having a place for everyone to come and be together and enjoy each other. This year we had a special guest with us and it was so fun to have a new face at the table. This is my sweet friend that I met driving through the window at McDonalds. There were days when H was little and I would pack the kids in the car turn on a movie, drive thru and enjoy some quiet time while they ate their icecream. Mary was the cashier and always had a smile for me. I am always grateful for her sweet way.

It has always been a little goal of mine to run a 5K Turkey Trot. So, this Thanksgiving we organized a little run at the park by our house. It was so nice to do it so close. One of my sweet Beehives made us all scarves and the boys came over for a fun run after we finished. I ran with my sister and my sister-in laws. It was so fun and I did it! I ran the whole way and finished in about 34min. Not bad for an out of shape mom!We then rushed home and helped my mom prepare two turkeys and all the trimmings to host Thanksgiving at our house.
We had a bunch of family over and my special friend from the McDonald's drive-thru.
After the 5K the boys had a little football game with friends and neighbors.
The living room set up to watch the game. It is very important to keep our priorities straight.
We cleared out the family room and set up tables. I love having a place that everyone can come and a mom and mother-in-law that can make sure we have wonderful food to eat.
We always have a feast and everyone brings what makes Thanksgiving great to them.
Pies are a tradition for Brian's family, so we always have plenty to end on a sweet note. It was a wonderful day. We have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: