

My sweet baby Lukey, who was my baby for almost three years before H, turned four December 8th. He is such a fun buddy to me when his brothers are gone.He loves to dress himself and he is often seen wearing a costume, beanie or rain boots out of the house. His biggest concern was that he wouldn't be able to wear footed jammies as he got bigger. He still has his little accent and I really don't want him to grow up anymore. He is no longer a sunbeam and got his CTR ring today at church. I remember so clearly when they brought him to me in the hospital. With him I fell in love instantly. We took a long time to name him and the nurses would send post-its back on his bassinet. We decided to name him Luke and thought it was fitting. He really was my best Christmas present. He asked me the other day if he could marry me. He will thank me for dinner and tells me often that I am the "bestest mommy ever". He has a strong personality and a loud voice for such a little man. He is not shy and loves to be with his buddies at "Miss Melanie's". He is the best little cuddler and I am so glad I get one more year with him before he goes off to school. Him and Henry are going to such fun friends this year. He is already loving being the "big" brother and is so sweet with H. I used to worry so much that Luke kind of got lost in the mix being born so close to his older two brothers, but I now we get all kinds of time together. I love how everything works out if I just keep trying to do the best I can. Luke keeps a smile on our faces. One of our favorite memories of Luke is when Brian was scolding him for something. He sat Luke on the table and told Luke to look at him and to listen. Luke looked right at Brian and said "You have green eyes Daddy". We both lost it and whatever Luke did was quickly forgotten. I love that Luke challenges me to think of new ways to parent and reminded us on the way home from church that we need to read our scriptures everyday! He makes me a better mom and I love him for it.

Brian bought green balloons for the birthday morning. Lukey had told us that night when he went to bed that he was so excited for it to all be decorated when he woke up. He got a new Ninja Turtle costume to replace the old two that have worn out. Then he had a party with his brothers, cousins and friends. I made Ninja Turtle cake pops and the kids did crafts and played. He loved having his first big party.

I think these were the best gift of the day. He was one happy little boy.

Jackson continues to be Luke's best bud and his mother and I are convinced they were friends in heaven.


He had a very Happy Birthday week. He got some turtle undies and a stuffed turtle from Grandma and Papa and his four dollars from Grandma and Grandpa Jones. We love you Lukes.
No comments:
Post a Comment