Monday, July 26, 2010

Best Vacation EVER- Part One

Tamee's sister Kristal said it best: "We found Eden and stayed all week". It has been two years in the coming, but what a fun way to spend our first week long vacation with our family of six. We happened on a cancellation at this always booked family camp called Aspen Grove and were so excited to go. We were not disappointed in the least. Our lodge nestled in the gorgeous Provo Caynon. The camp had everything you could think you ever would need to enjoy a vacation. The best being someone to entertain your kids part of the day and give them back to you happy and exhausted!
My camera doesn't do justice to the views that we saw all week.

After we dropped the kids off in the morning we were free to have a fun date twice a day. This morning we went with Tamee and Keith to the top of Sundance on the gondolla and enjoyed the view on our fun "double date".

On Wednesday our kids were busy having fun all day so we decided to hike to Stuart Falls. When we got there, Brian climbed up the ledges and walked under the falls.

Stuat Falls.

We took a couples pottery class with Tamee, Keith, Kristal, Jason and their cousins Brett and Holly. It was hilarious! Think Ghost...except we had no pottery skills.
They had a really high ropes course.Here is Brian after repelling down. It made the cabin zip line a piece of cake. Heights aren't my favorite but I won cool wife points and went.
Getting strapped in. I told the guy I had four little boys and I didn't want to leave them without a mother!

I braved the paintball course and had fun being cover so our team could win both times. We also shot air rifles, played shuffle board, basketball and cards. We went for walks and enjoyed spending time together and then we started to miss our kids it was time to pick them up for more fun at night. We didn't worry about them all day and they were happy to be with their new friends . We got to play with them, put them to bed each night, and have a great couple trip all at the same time.
It truely was the perfect combo.

4 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Looks like a little boy's dream!...why don't I know about this place? What's it called??

Lanae said...

Its called Aspen Grove...great place!

A mother heart said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! Great picutres. I love that one of Bri throwing clay. That would have been funny to see!

Jamie said...

I want to go there! How do I sign up! Looks AMAZING!