Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Real" Fun

Some pictures of real life in our house: I never have time to give Henry his own baby bath, so every night he simply takes a dip with his brothers. He gets clean and the boys love it. They take turns holding him and he likes the attention. For some reason, boys just get dirty during the day. It always amazes me!
It is tough to be three. Lukes is having a rough time expressing his frustration effectively. Just like all the other boys did, meltdowns are quite often a daily occurance. I had to snap a picture to document. I'm grateful for past experience that tells me "this too shall pass". I think he still looks pretty cute even when he's sad.
Henry just gets sweeter every day. I love this age. He knows its fun to be with his brothers and is such a social little man.
I could eat those little cheeks!
This is my favorite picture, real life in our house. It's about 5:30pm. Jeff is already in his jammies. All the boys have food on their faces. My hair hasn't been washed, actually its probable that I haven't showered yet and its yesterday's makeup. The trash clearly needs taken out and Henry is in a very dirty onesie. I have so many little boys that we don't even fit in the frame, we tried! Lukey is holding a "tornado" he made in preschool that will break in two more pictures and result in the meltdown above. But in the moment we were having fun!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Sometimes it shocks me that you have 4 boys! And they are just too cute!

Christine said...

Lanae, real life in your house looks good on you!!! I love the picutre of you and all your little men!! Isn't it nice to have so many boys who adore you!?!?

Castle Family said...

I can totally relate to the stage Luke is in. Trey is having a hard time expressing himself too. He gets so frustrated sometimes. I would love for you to drop in over here sometime so you can see how similar (minus 2 kids) our lives are!!

Lopez-kids said...

This could very well be my favorite post I have ever read on a blog! Lol! Love it!! Maybe you need a girls' night out about as much as I do! Let's do one soon!!