Thursday, January 21, 2010
When I'm not cleaning up messes..
I'm making them! As many of my patient family will tell you, Ihave yet to find the perfect balance between work and play. When life gets a little overwhelming, instead of simplifying I usually add something else to do, something fun. This week I made all the treats for YW New Beginnings. I am blogging instead of cleaning up the mess in my kitchen right now, but I will remember the treats and not the mess, right?
Cherry chocolate with rich chocolate buttercream and chocolate covered tart cherries. Red velvet with cream cheese butter frosting...yummy.
Lukey is always my baking pal.
These are the mini cherry cheesecakes that my mom used to make. Soooo tasty!
This is my fridge, a WW nightmare. However, I stayed strong and just had one of each.
I also learned how to crochet this week. I went in search of a beanie like this one for Henry and came up with nothing. Etsy had some for $30, but that is money that can go towards a lot of other fun things, so I decided to learn. Four bucks for the needle, 2.99 for the yarn, a pattern on someone's blog and here it is. It is too big for Henry (hence the Bear model), but I know where I went wrong and as soon as my house is clean, I will finish the next one. I also made some flowers for my niece out of cream and pink yarn, so adorable! Come to think of it, the house cleaning can wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
SO CUTE! Will you forward me the blog with the pattern? I want to learn too!
Totally unrelated to your post. but...
I made ash cakes for my family today (the power keeps going out in the snow storm) and they liked them! It got me thinking about planning an Anasazi style camp out this summer with our families. I was just thinking food- It would be easier to camp with a tent with babies- but Nate suggested doing fire too. Some people already camp like this with their families- but I have yet to do it- even with just Nate and I. Are you in? I'll going to get at least Julie and then who ever responds on Face book. It is just an idea. Months away.
Do i hear Wet Dog? (nasty- i never tried it- i hate powder milk).
You go! Good for you being all crafty. Cute beanie and delicous desserts!!
OH! YUM! Definitely not WW friendly. Stay strong!
Why do you do this to me!!!! YYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMYYYYY
You and I have the same problem. This is exactly what I do all of the time and it drives Heston crazy. I just think that I could clean the house all day and not get anything else done or I can just do the other things and "power clean" the next day. Congrats on getting something very productive (and yummy)done!
Oh, and I would love to have the patterns as well... when you're done cleaning :)
Wow, those lokse amazing...and I mean everything, the desserts and the beanie. DId you find the rosette pattern with the beanie pattern? The rosettes sound so cute for my girls that I would love to try them. Could you send me the link when you can? Thanks:)
Post a Comment