
Most people countdown to the end of their pregnancy, we countdown to 34 weeks. Although not ideal, a baby born at 34 is not considered premature and most likely won't have to spend any time in the NICU. I am 30 weeks and the last two pregancies I have been on bedrest for 5+ weeks by now. I am having a ton of contractions, and have stopped to time them three times, but I have not started to dialate and haven't had to go to the hospital. Another great note is that for the first time the baby is measuring big, 2+ weeks big!
So, we will count our blessings, hold out breath for four more weeks, four more progesterone injections and then enjoy the rest of the time the baby spends inside me.
3 comments:
I don't enjoy any of the time the baby is inside me-at least this pregnancy. I just deal with it because it is necessary! I never understand why people say "enjoy those last few nights of sleep." Why? so I can enjoy my back pain, swollen feet (for the first time)and constant discomfort! It is sort of cool when she moves and kicks, but not when it feels like I'm getting kicked in the crotch from the inside (that is exactly what is happening). Anytime after 36 weeks I'm ready- but this time I want to hold out so I can work a few extra days for some extra $$$ before I take my full 6 weeks off for the first time. I usually make it to 39 weeks.
Oh, and I don't mind when the baby comes- all of mine have been really good and easy and I've never had to deal with any stitches (now i've jinxed myself). I guess the hardest part is those first few days dealing with the cramps and my humungo boobs!!- but then it is nice from there on out!
Good luck!! I hope everything goes well and that baby boy #4 is healthy and a great sleeper. :) Can't wait to see pictures.
I am so very happy that things are going so well this time around! Only 4 more shots...you can do it. I know how much you love those things.
Post a Comment