The first year of marriage was so simple and so much fun. We lived in a little apartment and had not a care in the world! Then in what feels like a second, life got so complicated and busy. Last night we took a trip back in time and all slept on the floor in our new apartment. Yes... thats right, we scalled down all our things and tucked them tightly in a three bedroom basement "hometel" (as Ben calls it). Life is simple again! I'm sure I will tire of no yard or garage, but for the time being it is a fun little adventure until we find a house we like. The boys think it is great and the extra thirty minutes I had to get the kids to school this morning was golden. It was so heartwarming to watch my little men carry twenty #10 cans into the house. As completely exhausting as this process has been, I do love moving. There is something magical about the smell of new carpet and fresh paint, and the completely spotless house.
I feel a little like a newly wed again and we do definately need another honeymoon when all this is done!
Thanks in advance to everyone who helped or loaned their husbands to make this happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We'll miss you guys so much but I hope you can find a house you love and now you don't have to worry about commuting all the time!
I feel so bad that David wasn't there to help. Is there anyting I can do now? You need to come over again...maybe sometime this week? Give me a call if you need to get out! :)
I can't believe you're not in your house anymore!! Gosh so many fond memories I have of us and the kids there:) Best of luck finding a new house!!
Post a Comment