Monday, July 27, 2009

"Sniff..Sniff..Sob"

So, I think someone got this whole school thing wrong. I feed them at all hours of the night, change a million diapers, teach them to feed themselves and potty-train and then just when they are self-sufficient, pleasant helpers, who are joys to be with, someone else gets them all day. Who's idea was this??????????? This handsome little man started Kindergarten today and yes I cried. (Actually I sobbed in the shower, but he didn't see that.) Despite my separation anxiety, Ben did great and kept telling me "Bye, Mom, Bye, Mom". True to Benjamin style, only the carrots came back in the lunch box, and he proudly wore the green bracelet for great behavior. He can't wait to go back tomorrow!
His buddy Spence made the transition smooth, as well as his fabulous teacher and aide. I really am so excited for him. We love the school and Benjamin is more than ready.

Jefferson also started Pre-K and I could just about eat him up this morning he looked so cute. He was so anxious to be like Ben and truck off to school. They are right down the hall from each other and he had a blast as well. He told me his favorite thing was recess! I can't believe he is so big.
I think the highlight of going to school for Jeff was these new shoes. He wears them all the time. I think he loves that there weren't Ben's or Noah's first. He loved having Avery in his class, although I think the whole Boy/Girl difference even takes precedence over playing with your cousin.
Lukey also had a great day and will thoroughly enjoy the next few months having "Wukey time" until the baby comes. We went to the library and to get a donut while the boys were gone. He loved every minute.
Now maybe I'll have time to post all our summer fun.

9 comments:

Mhanson said...

that is a super cute picture of Lukey

the Painters said...

Oh they are all soooo cute Lanae. I am in love with their adorable happy smiles. I'm sorry it was so hard for you to see your "baby" go to Kinder. I, on the other hand, are jumping for joy that Bryce and Kaden will be in full day school in August. 1st and 4th grade. It is my time with Alec and I cannot wait!

A mother heart said...

It is really not fair to be pregnant when you send your oldest off to Kindergarten. I cried for 2weeks every day she went off to school.
Love those cute little men!

Kimberly said...

I can't believe they started school already! It feels like summer just started. I'd cry too if our school started already. I am sooooooooo not ready. But maybe that's because we still have a couple trips to go on. School for us doesn't start until Aug. 17th. That's a BIG difference.

Heidi said...

I found Maesyn a half day kindergarten. I never wanted full day and she was not too thrilled about it. The hours are just a little longer than her pre school but every day rather than just 3 a week. I think she will be ok. The glitch..not shorts or flip flops allowed at this school. She cried about the flip flops so I told her I'd get her some running shoes. I am not looking forward to school starting.
Jake will do a toddler program one or 2 days a week. I think he will like it. It is the days I'm at work, and he will just do a half day too.

Tiffany Walker said...

I can't believe Benjamin is all grown up! Your boys are so sweet. I love the pictures. Glad you get to spend some time with Lukey.

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Weren't we just starting up their JOY school?!?!? How the time has flown! They all look so grown up!

The Barb Chronicles said...

When Keagan went to kindergarten last year I did so good until I walked out of her room and cried like a baby.... and that continued through the first week of school. Your boys are so very darling, I bet their teachers are loving them already!

The Welker Family said...

They are so cute! I already have anxiety about sending mine to school and that's not for 2 more years!